Cubs spring games starts today! I am so excited!! Here is what my aunt bought me:
Isn't it awesome? Oh I love baseball season!!! I'm hoping the Cubs do well to keep me sane while we're trying to conceive. It's an awesome distraction. It seems a lot of women get pregnant without even trying. So if I just concentrate on the Cubs and not think about TTC maybe I'll get pregnant!! People seem to be excited about baseball the first month or two and then the last month. Not me. I am into baseball every single day of the season. It could be a meaningless series against Pittsburgh and I will still be paying attention. Don't bother me during a game.
It's my first cycle off of BCP and it's driving me crazy. I really think my body is punishing me for taking it off of BCP. I can't say I blame it. I miss my BCP!! I'm trying so hard not to get disappointed, but it's so hard. I know I probably won't ovulate. I know it probably won't happen right away. But I just want this so bad!!
I really want a boy. Not only to name him Ryne, but to just deck out the room with Cubs stuff. I know I can do it with a girl, but since she's being named after Grandma her color has to be purple, Grandma's favorite color. I plan on getting Cubs bedding, Cubs mobile, Cubs pictures for the wall, and just everything Cubs!! I'm going to buy a Cubs toy chest and Cubs rocking chair. His coming home outfit is going to be Cubs. I'm going to make Zac wear the Ryne Sandberg jersey and I'll wear my Soriano jersey so we'll be in all Cubs stuff when we bring Ryne home!!! My friend Lauren bought me a cute Cubs onsie that will now be the going home outfit for Ryne.
I just want this so bad. I really hope he likes baseball as much as I do. I'll admit right now I will be disappointed if he doesn't. I'll still love and adore him, of course, but baseball is just so HUGE in my life. Kind of like Catholocism in Zac's. But unlike Zac, I'm not going to force basbeall on my child if he doesn't want it.
But I was thinking of starting a family tradition of going to spring training every year. How fun would that be? WOW I would love that.
This is how much the Cubs mean to me. Zac has to get me pregnant so the baby won't be born during baseball season. I will be furious if I have to miss a Cubs series in Houston to give birth. I won't be as furious if I have to miss it on TV. I can always force them to put it on in the room. I only got married in the summer b/c I thought I was going to stay a teacher. Is that bad? Well, in all fairness, the Cubs did come first!!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Spring Games!
Posted by Mary at 6:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment